Senior Structural Design Engineer
- KFW is a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offers Civil & Structural Engineering, Survey and is an accredited Water Service Coordinator for Sydney Water. KFW drives great outcomes for urban development from inception through to completion. KFW was recently acquired by Orion Consulting and can now draw on a total resource pool of 70+ staff members.
- As a Senior Structural Design Engineer you will provide support to the Project Director to meet or exceed project objectives
- You will complete and oversee Structural Design’s to support a range of urban or regional developments
- You will provide technical input and direction/leadership working on a variety of projects
- You will provide mentoring to the other members of the KFW team
- You will provide assistance in the strategic and continued growth of the business
- Coordinate design and drafting activities with drafters to provide drawing sets to KFW standards
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable
- You will demonstrate commitment to KFW’s positive culture
- Regular and friendly interaction with clients
- Plan, execute and finalise projects according to deadlines
- Complete structural designs across a range of residential, commercial and industrial developments
- Prepare project fee proposals for clients
- Manage project budgets, forecasting and invoicing
- Liaise with authorities and utility agencies
- Adoption, promotion and adherence to the KFW’s Quality Management (QMS) and Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 10+ Years Industry Experience
- Chartered Professional Engineer status with Engineers Australia (Structural area of practice)
- Proficient in the use of RCB, Slabs, Spacegas and other design software
- Advanced working knowledge with the use of AutoCAD software
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills
- To be able to work both independently and as part of team environment
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines and budgetary constraints
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued Clients.
- We have a structure that offers opportunity for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- Opportunity to build your own team in a supportive and forward thinking environment
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.