Exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer (Design & PM) to join our Wollongong team.
Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest, accessible, and valued for our commercial mindset and use our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun, and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding.
- As a Senior Civil Engineer (Design & PM) your main duties will include leading and supporting internal and external stakeholder teams to plan, organise, control and deliver project(s) in an efficient and effective manner and contributing to civil design within urban development space where required.
- Planning, execution, and finalisation of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget across the full project life cycle. This includes the acquisition of resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan
- Provide support to the Project Director to meet or exceed project objectives and achieve project milestones
- Preparation and implementation of Project Management Plan for all phases of the project
- Manage the day-to-day project activities, resources, and project budgets
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership
- Monitor, track, and control project outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables
- Liaison with authorities and utility agencies to obtain project approvals
- You may be required to perform the duties of a contract superintendent and contract administrator requiring adequate knowledge of construction industry practices, relevant legislation (e.g., Securities of Payment Act), and standard form contract
- Preparation of fee proposals for new projects and contract variations that may span multiple disciplines both within and external to Orion Consulting
- Your duties may require civil design primarily within the urban development space, including roads, lot grading and drainage infrastructure
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgement in anticipating and solving design issues.
- Coordinate design and drafting activities with drafters to provide drawing sets to Orion standards
- Liaise with various project stakeholders including clients, consultants, and relevant authorities
- Manage the invoicing and budgeting of projects
- Ensure quality control processes for each project are implemented and documented
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable
- Assist with growing and developing the company and its drafting standards to help provide a unique and modern drafting/ design method to be adopted by the company
- Provide technical support to peers, as well mentor junior staff to further develop knowledge base and assist in career progression
- Assist management in preparing tenders submissions including scope of works and project budgets
- Adoption, promotion, and adherence to the Orion Consulting’s Integrated Management (IMS) System
- The Company may change your duties from time to time to meet the requirements of the business at the discretion of the Director.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering
- Minimum 5+ years civil engineering design experience within land development
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of hydrological and hydraulic design principles
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with Australian standards and LGA road and drainage design principles
- Demonstrated ability in preparing road, lot and drainage strategies independently
- Ability to coordinate design and drafting activities
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills
- To be able to work both independently and as part of team environment
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines and budgetary constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Completing complex civil engineering designs to a high standard
- Ability to lead projects effectively and deliver within time and budget
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgement in anticipating and solving design issues
- Maintenance of strong, enduring and cooperative working relationships with all
- Commitment to the professional development of peers within the Orion Consulting business
- Engagement in the ongoing review and improvements to the Orion Consulting business
processes to identify opportunities for efficiencies or value-add to either Orion Consulting or its Clients
- Demonstrable commitment to the positive culture within the Orion Consulting business and
the promotion of Orion Consulting as a consultant and employer of choice
- Wollongong is a vibrant Coastal City, our office is located a short 5 minute drive from the popular North Wollongong Beach and Wollongong CBD, with ample street parking and easy access. Head for a surf, swim, walk or simply just get out of the office for a coffee on lunch.
- Wollongong and the surrounding suburbs are in a period of growth, with several new projects in and around the CBD and the West Dapto Urban Release Area, Calderwood and Shell Cove offering new and vibrant communities for people to live in.
- Working for Orion gives the opportunity to work on projects locally within the Illawarra but also in the greater Sydney Basin and NSW regions.
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners, and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued clients.
- We have a structure that offers opportunities for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support, and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a flexible/hybrid working situation
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to PHarding@kfw.net.au.