Exciting opportunity for an experienced Graduate Civil Engineer (Design & PM) to join our Wollongong team.
Orion is a development services consultancy that has rapidly become known for providing superior value to our Clients. We are honest, accessible, and valued for our commercial mindset and use our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is inclusive, fun, and dynamic and we love to challenge the status quo. We invest in our people and provide them with opportunities to become the best they can be. And now we are expanding.
- As a Graduate Civil Engineer (Design & PM) your main duties will include for supporting internal and external stakeholder teams to deliver project(s) including completion of design and drafting related tasks, project coordination and control.
- Execution, and finalisation of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget across the full project life cycle. This includes completing tasks as directed and as required to complete projects
- Prepare Bills of Quantities, reports, and other items ancillary to design activities.
- Provide support to Project Managers to meet or exceed project objectives and achieve project milestones;
- Preparation and implementation of Project Management Plan or PIE for all phases of the project;
- Complete day-to-day project activities and understand and communicate project budgets;
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating to the project lead;
- Liaison with authorities and utility agencies to obtain project approvals;
- You may be required to perform the duties of a contract superintendent and contract administrator requiring adequate knowledge of construction industry practices, relevant legislation (e.g., Securities of Payment Act), and standard form contract;
- Preparation of fee proposals for new projects and contract variations that may span multiple disciplines both within and external to Orion Consulting;
- Your duties may require civil design primarily within the urban development space, including roads, lot grading and drainage infrastructure;
- Identify design issues, communicate to senior staff and work collaboratively in solving issues;
- Complete design and drafting activities, you may be required to liaise with drafters to provide drawing sets to Orion Standards;
- Ensure work output is of technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable;
- Adoption, promotion and adherence to the Orion Consulting’s Integrated Management (IMS) System;
- Implementation of good practice, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to support the ongoing success of the business.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 0-2 years post graduate civil engineering design experience
- Early intermediate working knowledge in the use of 12D/Civil 3D, DRAINS & MUSIC software.
- Intermediate working knowledge with the use of Auto CAD/Civil 3D software.
- Good understanding of hydrological and hydraulic design principles.
- Familiar with Australian standards and other Design Codes;
- Demonstrated ability in setting up road and drainage strategies.
- Technical drawing and presentation skills;
- An understanding of the general Land Development Process;
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills
- To be able to work both independently and as part of team environment
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines and budgetary constraints
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Completing civil engineering design and drafting tasks to a high standard.
- Coordinating projects to facilitate completion to a high standard.
- Ability to deliver within time and budget.
- Enthusiasm for self-improvement and development.
- A keen interest in innovation – both on projects and within a business.
- Maintenance of strong, enduring and cooperative working relationships with all
- Commitment to the professional development of peers within the Orion Consulting business
- Engagement in the ongoing review and improvements to the Orion Consulting business processes to identify opportunities for efficiencies or value-add to either Orion Consulting or its Clients
- Demonstrable commitment to the positive culture within the Orion Consulting business and
the promotion of Orion Consulting as a consultant and employer of choice
- Wollongong is a vibrant Coastal City, our office is located a short 5 minute drive from the popular North Wollongong Beach and Wollongong CBD, with ample street parking and easy access. Head for a surf, swim, walk or simply just get out of the office for a coffee on lunch.
- Wollongong and the surrounding suburbs are in a period of growth, with several new projects in and around the CBD and the West Dapto Urban Release Area, Calderwood and Shell Cove offering new and vibrant communities for people to live in.
- Working for Orion gives the opportunity to work on projects locally within the Illawarra but also in the greater Sydney Basin and NSW regions.
- We offer a boutique working environment with a young and diverse team of project managers, construction managers, designers, planners, and engineers who are dedicated to providing superior service to our valued clients.
- We have a structure that offers opportunities for career progression alongside the growth of the business.
- We offer unstructured mentoring, guidance, ongoing support, and supervision.
- We focus on spending more time getting the job done by minimising processes and administration tasks.
- We organise regular social activities.
- We offer a flexible/hybrid working situation
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Please send your resume through to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to PHarding@kfw.net.au.