Jaimieson Run

Sutherland Drive, North Nowra

Clyde Poulton Real Estate has recently awarded KFW the surveying project component of the final stage of the Jamieson Run Estate, North Nowra.

The site is the final extension of the Old Halcott Estate which commenced in the 1970's. It is contained within the existing old Crown Portions 118 and 119 in the Parish of Bunberra and boarded on the east by the low escarpment of Bomaderry Creek.

One of the interesting parts of the survey of the site was discovery of two of the original crown portion corners. At the north east corner of portion 119 was found, the original rockspits sited on top of the Bomaderry Creek rock shelf. At the southeast corner of Portion 118 is the original steel rod, broad arrow and portion number in the flat rock creek bed, at the upper tributary of Bomaderry Creek.

As most Surveyors will agree, it is extremely rewarding to be able to calculate and locate these original marks and find them in there original condition.

These marks were placed by Surveyor Fred Arheim in his crown portion survey plan number C 2316-2041, dated 9th April, 1895. Beautiful marks Fred, that have and will stand the test of time.

More Articles by this Author